This website is no longer maintained

Home » The North » North West » Greater Manchester Police

Police officer injuried after being dragged by moving car

October 31, 2014, 11:36 am

Police are appealing for information after a car drove off with an officer hanging out of the window in Rochdale

Shortly after 9pm on Thursday 30 October 2014, police were called to Yorkshire Street, Rochdale following reports of a disturbance.

Officers attended and identified a car which had been seen driving around the area with its boot open.

When one of the officers approached the car window and leaned in to speak to the occupants, the driver of the car set off, forcing the officer to cling on to one of the car seats.

The car drove 150 yards before speeding up at which point the officer could hold on no more and fell from the car and lay injured in the road.

She is now being treated at hospital for serious bruising and shock.

The car is described as a dark coloured 5 door hatchback and the five occupants of the car are described as Asian men

Detective Inspector Charlotte Cadden said: “This is an appalling incident where the officer has been unnecessarily injured when she has only been trying to establish what has happened earlier in the night

“Thankfully she has not sustained any broken bones or any other serious injuries but this is still something that should not happen to somebody who was only trying to do their job.

“If anybody has any information then I would urge them to contact the police. I would also like to appeal for assistance from parents in knowing where their sons and daughters are planning to be over the weekend so that they can stay safe.

“We will continue to work closely with residents and the council to ensure that there is no repeat of the disturbances which lead to this disgraceful incident.”

Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.

Contact Crimestoppers anonymously with information about crime

101 – The police non-emergency number

101 is the number to call when you want to contact your local police in England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland – when it’s less urgent than a 999 call.
Find out more information about 101 by following this link.

Copyright © 2022 Crime And Justice. Sitemap   RSS