This website is no longer maintained

Home » Jailed

Wythenshawe man has been jailed for the historic sexual abuse of children.

November 19, 2012, 1:35 pm

A man from Wythenshawe has been jailed for the historic sexual abuse of children.

Charles Simpson (born 06/05/1952), of Longhey Road, Benchill has today, Monday 19 November 2012, been sentenced to four years in prison at Manchester Crown Court, Crown Square.

He pleaded guilty at an earlier hearing to 14 counts of indecent assault.

He has also signed the Sex Offenders Register for life.

Between 1977 and 1985, Simpson sexually assaulted three girls, who were aged between five and 11 in the Wythenshawe area.

Detective Constable Suzanne Keenaghan from the Public Protection Division said: “As an adult, Simpson abused the trust the children and their parents placed in him and subjected them to a number of sexual assaults over a prolonged period of time.

“Thankfully, the victims were brave enough to come forward and ensure Simpson would not get away with his crimes.

“They have all been left mentally scarred by the abuse they received and I hope the sentence Simpson has received may go some way to helping mend these scars.”

Anyone who has been a victim of rape or sexual assault can contact Greater Manchester Police on 101 or 999 in an emergency. GMP has specially trained officers in place to provide a first class response to victims and help support them through the criminal justice process.

St Mary’s Sexual Assault Referral Centre in Manchester, can also be contacted onĀ 0161 276 6515. This provides a comprehensive and coordinated forensic, counselling and medical aftercare service to anyone in Greater Manchester who has experienced rape or sexual assault. Services are available on a 24-hour basis and people can access them either as a self-referral or via Greater Manchester Police.

101 – The police non-emergency number

101 is the number to call when you want to contact your local police in England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland – when it’s less urgent than a 999 call.
Find out more information about 101 by following this link.

Copyright © 2024 Crime And Justice. Sitemap   RSS