This website is no longer maintained

Home » The South » London » Metropolitan Police Service

Images released of attack on two women in London

September 20, 2012, 11:16 am

Police are issuing images of the injuries sustained by two women during attacks in Hounslow borough within the last two weeks.

We have previously issued an image of a man we wish to speak to in connection with the two serious attacks.

Detectives have launched an investigation after two incidents, in which lone women were assaulted at night, were formally linked.

The first incident occurred on 7 August, shortly before midnight, in Hanworth Road, near the junction with St Stephens Road. A 19-year-old woman was approached from behind, grabbed by the attacker and cut with a bladed item across her neck.

The second incident occurred on 17 August, at approximately 01.30hrs, in Whitton Road, near the junction with Murray Avenue, and involved a 26-year-old who was again approached from behind and cut across her face with a bladed item.

Both women were taken to hospital and required stitches to their injuries.

Due to the similar nature of the attacks, officers are linking them at this time. Extra officers have been patrolling the area.

The suspect is described as a black man, or a light-skinned black man, aged between 18 and 25 years, and between 5ft 6 to 5ft 11ins.

DCI Amanda Hargreaves, from Homicide and Serious Crime Command, officer in charge of the investigation, said: “These were completely unprovoked attacks and I would appeal to anyone who recognises the suspect, was in the area, has been followed in the last few weeks, or who has noticed a man fitting the description acting suspiciously to please come forward.”

Officers would urge a male cyclist who came to the aid of the victim in the Hanworth Road incident to call us immediately. He may have information that could help the investigation.

Anyone with information is asked to contact officers on 020 8721 4155 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

No arrests, inquiries continue.

Borough Commander for Hounslow, Carl Bussey, said: “I would ask people to be extra vigilant and aware of their environment, particularly when walking late at night.

“These sorts of crimes are thankfully rare in Hounslow, but I would like to reassure people that my officers are working tirelessly to catch whoever is responsible.

“Extra officers will be on patrol in the area while this investigation continues.”

Contact Crimestoppers anonymously with information about crime

 
Copyright © 2022 Crime And Justice. Sitemap   RSS