This website is no longer maintained

Home » The North » North West » Greater Manchester Police

Man jailed for sexually assaulting two girls – Wythenshawe

September 17, 2012, 3:13 pm

A man has been jailed for sexually abusing two young girls in Wythenshawe.

William Furbey (born 04/02/1988) from Wythenshawe was sentenced at Manchester Crown Court Crown Square today, Monday 17 September 2012.

Furbey was ordered to serve five in prison and will be on the Sex Offenders’ Register for life.

He pleaded guilty to three counts of sexual activity with a girl under 13 and sexual assault by penetration on a girl under 13 at an earlier hearing.

He also pleaded guilty to aggravated vehicle taking, assault of a police officer, using a vehicle without insurance and driving without a license.

In 2005 Furbey sexually abused two young girls aged 9 and 12 at an address in Wythenshawe.

In 2011 one of the girl, now 16 years-old told her teacher. Furbey was arrested and charged with offences against both girls.

Detective Constable Grace Hulse from GMPs Public Protection Division, said: “The victim who told her teacher showed great strength and maturity.

“Both girls have been incredibly brave by helping us put Furbey before the courts and have justice done for them.

“We take all reports of sexual abuse seriously no matter how old you are or how long ago the crime happened and I hope this case will give others the confidence to come forward.”

Anyone who has been a victim of rape or sexual assault can contact Greater Manchester Police on 101 or 999 in an emergency. GMP has specially trained officers in place to provide a first class response to victims and help support them through the criminal justice process.

St Mary’s Sexual Assault Referral Centre in Manchester, can also be contacted onĀ 0161 276 6515. This provides a comprehensive and coordinated forensic, counselling and medical aftercare service to anyone in Greater Manchester who has experienced rape or sexual assault. Services are available on a 24-hour basis and people can access them either as a self-referral or via Greater Manchester Police.

101 – The police non-emergency number

101 is the number to call when you want to contact your local police in England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland – when it’s less urgent than a 999 call.
Find out more information about 101 by following this link.

Copyright © 2024 Crime And Justice. Sitemap   RSS