Asbo imposed on Wisbech vagrant
September 19, 2012, 3:43 pm
A man has been made the subject of an order that aims to stop his drunken and anti-social behaviour in Wisbech.
The interim anti-social behaviour order (Asbo) was imposed on Aleksandras Liesys, 43, of no fixed abode, at Kings Lynn Magistrates’ Court today (September 19).
The order puts various restrictions on Liesys and will remain in place until a full hearing takes place on November 15.
View full article on Crime And Justice
The court granted the order due to Liesys long-term offending and disorderly behaviour in Wisbech town centre.
It bans him from:
- Entering or remaining in an area covering Wisbech town centre between 8am and 8pm but does not include the Job Centre or Probation Service Office.
- Having in his possession an open container of alcohol in a public place in the area covered by the designated public places order (DPPO), unless in a licensed premises.
- Being drunk in any public place in the DPPO area.
- Swearing or making abusive or threatening comments or gestures to any person in Wisbech.
- Entering or remaining in Norfolk Street, Wisbech.
PC Adam Pearce said: “Liesys has been nothing but a nuisance, drinking in public and acting anti-socially.
“Despite engagement by a number of agencies to assist him to independent living he has chosen to be a drunken vagrant.
“People should be able to go out in Wisbech without seeing drunken and disorderly behaviour and I hope this interim order helps us achieve that.”