This website is no longer maintained

Home » Murder Investigations

Police arrest third man in connection with two attacks in Clayton and Droylsden which left one man dead

August 14, 2012, 3:23 pm

Police have just arrested a third man in connection with two attacks in Clayton and Droylsden, which left one man dead.

At 1.30pm Tuesday 14 August 2012 armed officers arrested a 28-year-old man on York Road, Droylsden on suspicion of murder. He has been taken into custody where he will be questioned by detectives.

Police are continuing to look for 29-year-old Dale Cregan and 33-year-old Anthony Wilkinson, who they also wish to speak to following Fridays attacks.

Cregan is also wanted in connection with the murder of Mark Short, Davids son, at the Cotton Tree Pub on 25 May 2012.

A 37-year-old man who was arrested on Saturday in Salford on suspicion of murder has been bailed pending further inquiries.

A second man, aged 25 was arrested on Sunday night on suspicion of murder has also now been bailed.

At 10.30am on Friday 10 August 2012, the body of 46-year-old David Short was found at a house on Folkestone Road East in Clayton after police were called there following reports of gunshots. There had also been an explosion at the address, which was caused by a grenade.

Less than ten minutes later, shots were fired and there was another grenade explosion outside a house on Luke Road in Droylsden.

Police have issued CCTV footage from this second attack in an appeal to the public to help them identify and trace those responsible.

No-one was injured during the incident on Luke Road.

Assistant Chief Constable Steve Heywood, said: “Over the past few days, an intensive police operation has been underway to identify and trace those involved in these violent attacks, which have left one man dead. Armed officers have also been patrolling in the Clayton and Droylsden areas to provide reassurance to residents.

“While we do not believe these two attacks were random, people in the area are understandably concerned by what has happened.

“We have made this arrest and are continuing to look for two men – Cregan and Wilkinson – who we want to speak to in connection with Fridays attacks. We are urging any members of the public that have seen them since Friday morning, or who know where they are now, to contact us immediately. Please do not try and approach these men, but call the police on 999.”

Anyone with other information in relation to this investigation is asked to call police at the Major Incident Team on  0161 856 3301 or 101, or call the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on  0800 555 111.

Contact Crimestoppers anonymously with information about crime

101 – The police non-emergency number

101 is the number to call when you want to contact your local police in England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland – when it’s less urgent than a 999 call.
Find out more information about 101 by following this link.

Copyright © 2024 Crime And Justice. Sitemap   RSS